“Plants First,” by Dr. Katie
Product sold by Dr Katie
Have you heard that a plant-forward lifestyle is better for you, but you don’t know why you should make plant-based foods a bigger part of your diet? Or maybe you understand the why, but you’ve had trouble figuring out how to improve your vegetable intake.
In Plants First, Stamford-based Dr. Katie Takayasu helps you understand the reasons for prioritizing plant-powered foods to clean up the hormonal cascades that cause cravings and leave you feeling sick and tired. She offers approachable science lessons that explain how a plant-forward diet can correct issues like inflammation and hormonal imbalances to help your body find its healthy weight and experience more restorative sleep.
Then Dr. Katie explains how to make small, steady shifts in your lifestyle to calm and refresh your brain and body through her five-day plant-powered health reset, which will help tap into your body’s innate wisdom for natural detoxification. She explains how to stock your Kitchen Pharmacy with good foods and supplements for a plant-forward diet, and with her yummy, family-friendly recipes, you will start creating balance on your plate and move along the path to a healthier lifestyle.
Sample Recipes Include:
- Almond Furikake Crusted Halibut with Roasted Vegetables, Black Rice and Coconut Lime Cream
- Ginger Mandarin Almond Cake with Chocolate Ganache
- Lavender Antioxidant Dream Milk
- Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Roasted Chicken with Pears & Figs on Swiss Chard
- Thai Coconut Curry Noodle Soup
- Arugula, Lentil and Roasted Eggplant “Menstrual Health” Salad with Lemon Balsamic Dressing
- Kale & Quinoa Greek Salad
- Coriander & Flax Roasted Eggplant