We are loving this Holiday Chex Mix with Brown Butter and Herbs from CatwithaK Cooks! Kathleen (Kat) Ashmore is a mom of two and a contributor to New Canaan-Darien Moms, and she shares healthy, easy and delicious recipes on her food blog. This upgraded holiday classic snack is elegant enough to wrap up in pretty packaging for a homemade teacher’s or hostess gift—but also tasty enough that you’ll want to keep it all for yourself.
Holiday Chex Mix with Brown Butter and Herbs
Yield: 12-14 cups
4 cups rice Chex
4 cups corn Chex
1 cup raw almonds
2 cups pretzels, I like the square ones
2 cups bagel chips, broken, I like the roasted garlic flavor
5 sprigs of thyme
5 sprigs rosemary
1 stick unsalted butter
4 T Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter until it’s browned and nutty, being careful not to burn.
- Off the heat, add the Worcestershire, onion and garlic powders, herbs, and 1 T salt and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a very large bowl, mix the chex cereals, almonds, pretzels, and bagel chips together with a wooden spoon.
- Add the browned butter mixture and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Spread mixture out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, add another teaspoon of salt, and pat evenly.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes to crisp evenly.