Last modified: March 2018
This Policy applies to information we collect on this Website. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means. Nor does it apply to information collected by any third party, including through services that may link to or be accessible from the Website. When you visit such sites, any of the information that you provide or which is collected automatically is governed by the privacy policies posted on the particular website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information collected by us on the Website and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time, and revisions will be posted at this page. Your continued use of the Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, birth date, last four digits of your social security number, and telephone number (“personal information“) and information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details. We collect this information:
- In the case of personal information, directly from you when you provide it to us.
- In the case of internet, equipment and usage information, automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include information that you affirmatively provide when requesting services on the Website, such as by signing up for our mailing list or registering to post a comment.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, recognize you when you return to the Website and store information about your preferences.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To send you information about our products, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Local Moms’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Local Moms about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Local Moms, our visitors, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following mechanisms are available for you to exercise control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website. You may also learn how to opt-out of Google Analytics cookies at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Newsletter and Promotional Offers from Local Moms. If you no longer wish to receive our Newsletter or any promotional offers from us, you can opt-out by following the instructions in such e-mail communications from us or by contacting us at [email protected] Please note, this opt-out does not apply to transactional or relationship communications that may be sent to you by or on behalf of Local Moms.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you wish to access, correct or delete any personal information that you may have provided to us on this Website, you may send us an email at [email protected] We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights/Do Not Track Disclosure
At this time, Local Moms does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.